Our private Hawk Walks are an introduction to the ancient art of Falconry, taking place outdoors on the beautiful Newton Park Estate situated in The Duchy of Cornwall's 17th century village of Newton St Loe. See below for full description.Important information to be aware of before booking:
- Maximum of six participants - contact us for larger groups
- Please only select one ticket
- No children under 7 participating or spectating
- No dogs
- If you would like to book both the Hawk Walk and Owl Encounter back to back on the same day, contact us directly.
- If participant is under 16, one adult spectator should attend the experience with them as a free spectator - there is no need to pay for and book a spectator ticket for this
Guided by an experienced member of our team, you can enjoy the thrill of having a trained Harris' Hawk fly to your glove using easy-to-use techniques.
When you arrive at our Centre in Newton St Loe, you’ll be greeted by one of our experienced falconers who'll take you through a short Health and Safety briefing to ensure your experience is rewarding, safe and enjoyable. When we arrive at one of our flying locations, you'll be given a demonstration of how to stand and how to call the Hawk to you safely. The rest is up to you and we'll encourage you to enjoy yourself as much as possible.
The whole experience lasts up to an hour, and during the time we'll explain the bird's flying and hunting techniques and answer any questions you may have.